World Night Market – Artist & Artisan Application
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR ARTISTS & ARTISANS:
Images 4; 1 booth image is encouraged
Application Deadline: 4/10/2018 Midnight EST
EVENT APPLICATION FEE:
$25 nonrefundable application fee, paid by all applicants. This fee will apply to your vendor fee.
Are preferred to be the authors of the art.
The following media are preferred: Drawing and Graphics; Clay; Painting; Jewelry; Photography; Sculpture; other Mixed Media; Glass & Acrylic; Fiber; higher-end handmade crafts, clothing. Exceptions may be made.
Set Up Time
12 Noon – 4:30
AWARDS/PRIZES – “Best in Market” will be awarded in each category and an award will be given to the overall Best. In Presentation booth (decoration). All prizes are awarded at the discretion of the World Night Market Binghamton Committee judges.
AWARDS – A Purchase Award (Artists only) will be chosen by the EatBing/WNM Committee members will be awarded. Artists must indicate a specific piece for judging is to be considered for the Purchase Award. Winning piece will be displayed at the Roberson Museum.
Award Ceremony – Artists are invited to attend the award ceremony and reception held event night at 10:00 pm on the Promenade. Artist prizes are announced at the reception. Award categories will include: Best In Market, Artist, Artisan, Cuisine, Booth Presentation.
EatBing/World Night Market Scholarship
Arts & Culinary – awarded to high school seniors who attend Broome County public, private or parochial schools and who have been accepted to post-secondary schools in art or culinary program. The awards are granted in an amount of at least ($1,000).
Parking for Vendors is free of charge. Space is limited. Place parking permit on the dashboard inside windshield. Parking logistics and a map of available parking lots will be included with acceptance packets.
Rules & Regulations
– The registered exhibitor is preferred to be present with his or her display for the event.
– Only one artist, entertainer or vendor is permitted on each application. All work must be attributable to the displaying applicant.
-An exhibitor’s permit is provided to accepted artists. The validated exhibitor’s permit must be attached to
display in full view from the street. This permit will be checked during the show. Displays without a valid exhibit permit will be deemed unauthorized and will be removed. An exhibitor’s ribbon will also be provided. The ribbon should be worn or displayed on the booth.
– Artists may exhibit works only in those media selected by the jury and listed on the artist permit. Works
displayed must be comparable to works submitted for jurying.
– Vendors are responsible for collecting and reporting NYS Sales Tax where/if applicable.
– Exhibit must remain open a minimum of 5pm—10pm, staying open until Midnight is optional. The Committee will make every effort to accommodate special requests when possible.
– The event is held in Downtown Binghamton on the Promenade and on the Court Street Bridge.
– Each applicant is assigned one space.
– Single spaces are est.10 feet wide by 10 feet deep. (1’ in excess on either side of the canopy) .
– Double spaces are est. 20’ wide
– A limited number of double booths will be available.
– Applicant must indicate which type of booth is required.
– Applicant may also request a particular spot. We will honor requests if possible.
– Applicant assigned spaces are shown on the exhibitor’s permit.
– Space numbers and boundaries are painted on the curbs/street.
– Electricity will be available.
Site map to follow
– Single Booth fee $50 – Double Booth fee $75
Includes tent, table, chairs, electricity if needed
– Apply for a spot in the market
– Upon approval, additional information will be requested regarding licensing.
– There will be no rain date nor will refunds made due to inclement weather.
Vendor Juried Selection
Accepted applicants will be notified within one week of receipt of application. Booth fees are payable upon
receipt of selection.